From concept, to deck design, to deck plans to even making a couple changes along the way, we thoroughly enjoy specializing in Steel Framing.
Pay once. Enjoy forever. Fortress’ Evolution Steel Framing was created to give you the confidence that your deck frame will last as long as your composite decking. This steel framing will not rot, splinter, nor warp. It has a powder-coated finish, which provides increased corrosion resistance against extreme outdoor protection and a more finished look. To protect your investment Fortress Evolution is backed by a 25 year Limited residential warranty.
Even better, as a Fortress Preferred level contractor, Fortress offers you a labor warranty on us: 5 year labor warranty of steel framing.
You will always have the peace of mind that only comes with Steel Framing & Professional Building Services!
WHY DO WE USE A STEEL FRAME SUBSTRUCTURE?
- Hidden Fastening Standard when installing Decking
- Builds flat, stays flat! Easy to Cut… Easy to Use!
- Galvanized Steel with Black Sand Colored Powder Coating virtually disappears when you’re above or below your deck
- Mold Resistant and Chemical Free
- Non-combustible material, resistant to fire and invulnerable to splitting, warping, rotting, and pesky insect damage
- Environmentally Friendly / 25% Recovered Steel, which makes it more sustainable than wood
- 25 Year Limited Residential Warranty
- Great Value-Great Investment
- Stronger than wood & allows for dry space and curved framing solutions
- Designed for low-maintenance, durability, ease of installation and safety
- Increased joist spans mean less beams and less footings. This is a really big deal on raised decks with patios underneath.
WHY PROFESSIONAL BUILDING SERVICES & FORTRESS BUILDING PRODUCTS
Today’s homeowners and builders want bold, beautiful outdoor living spaces that defend against the ordinary. Enter Fortress Building Products.
Professional Building Services has teamed up with Fortress because they offer a complete collection of best-in-class products that can be summarized by one term: Outdurable Living™. These products work together in harmony, or can stand alone, to create refined outdoor living spaces that can handle whatever our New England climate throws their way with extreme durability, innovation and ease.
FORTRESS EVOLUTION STEEL DECK FRAMING & STAIR SYSTEM: A SOLID RETURN ON INVESTMENT
Fortress’ Evolution steel deck framing and stair system will sideline issues commonly associated with moisture absorption, one of the most common reasons for lumber decomposition in traditional deck framing systems. In fact, it’s resistant to most tangible threats, including rot and decay, fungi, pests (such as termites) and the effects of weathering. In application, this means light-gauge steel frame profiles will remain straight and true over time. This makes for an uncompromising, dimensionally stable deck framing solution that keeps surface boards flat and smooth underfoot. Moreover, the system’s commercial-grade strength and smart interlocking joist and ledger system ensures a structurally sound deck system that will last 25 years or more.
To sidestep uncertainties around lumber, homeowners can look to Evolution steel deck framing and stair system. The comprehensive framing package comes with everything needed to install a basic deck frame (including fasteners). Much like wood at a hardware store, the total system contains many beam and joist length choices and installs similarly to lumber. Plus, this ready-to-assemble system is compatible with any type or brand of surface board, so you can enjoy a finished outdoor living space that reflects your personal style.