Yes. James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding is well-known for its durability, Color Plus, Fade Resistant capabilities & 30 year non-prorated warranty. But, did you know that James Hardie Building Products, the leader in fiber cement siding and trim, has been named the “Greenest Siding Brand” in the Green Builder® Media annual Readers’ Choice survey for the sixth consecutive year?
How exciting is that?! The Readers’ Choice survey polls green building professionals in the residential construction industry who test products for a living and provide informed, credible recommendations that other industry professionals can rely on. We’re blessed to be working with the honest-to- goodness BEST in the siding industry as James Hardie Elite Preferred installers. Why spend the extra frustration and money on brittle, cracking vinyl & old cedar that can’t hold paint or a nail for more than a year?
Readers’ Choice surveyors selected James Hardie more than any other brand as the greenest siding in the industry, beating out 10 different competitors, including LP SmartSide. The following James Hardie green building practices played a part in earning this impressive accolade:
- At least 75 percent of raw materials used are locally sourced near each of the nine manufacturing facilities that support the regional economy and reduce environmental impact caused by transportation.
- James Hardie’s unique ColorPlus® Technology manufacturing process bakes on multiple coats of color in a controlled environment to provide an exceptionally beautiful exterior that delivers a quality, consistent finish. This process eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that would otherwise be present during on-site painting.
- James Hardie manufactures longer lasting materials that require fewer resources and help reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- James Hardie’s Zero to Landfill Project demonstrates the company’s commitment to manufacturing products as efficiently as possible in order to reduce waste.
- James Hardie siding products may contribute to LEED® New Construction points including MR5 (MR4 for Homes) Recycled Content and MR5 (MR4 for Homes) Regional Materials.
“This achievement is a testament to our continued efforts to minimize our carbon footprint,” Sean Gadd of James Hardie said. “We look forward to pursuing new ways to make our product offering among the most sustainable in the industry.”
For more information on James Hardie products, give us a call! We are happy to answer your questions!